Lilyfontein has a big heart and we actively serve both our community and other NPO’s and organisations that are in need.
Our Interact Club was chartered in 2003. The EarlyAct motto: Just Serve, and the Interact Motto: Service Above Self, align well with the school’s motto: Servamus.
To be eligible for membership a person must possess good character and leadership potential and be a young person between the ages of:
- Interact: 14 and 18 years of age
- EarlyAct: 5 and 12 years of age
The goals of Interact are:
- To recognise and develop constructive leadership and personal integrity.
- To encourage and practice thoughtfulness of and helpfulness to others.
- To create awareness of the importance of home and family.
- To build respect for the rights of others, based on recognition of the worth of each individual.
- To emphasise acceptance of individual responsibility as the basis of personal success, community improvement, and group achievement.
- To recognise the dignity and value of all useful occupations as opportunities to serve society.
- To provide opportunities for gaining increased knowledge and understanding of community, national and world affairs.
To open avenues of personal and group action leading to the advancement of international understanding and goodwill toward all peoples.
Rotary short-term exchange programme:
This is offered to Lilyfontein learners who go to reciprocating Rotarian clubs overseas we partner with countries like Germany, Italy, Scandinavian Countries.
Rotary Long-term exchange programme:
This is currently only offered to overseas learners who are looking for an experience.
- Canaan Care Centre. This is our core charity and is a centre where babies and children who are physically and mentally challenged are taken care of.
- Blood Clinics: Our Peer Promoters run the blood clinics each term and in this way our school contributes to helping to put a stop to the ever-growing shortage of available blood. It would be wonderful if parents made use of this opportunity to also donate.
- Furever Fixed or Homed. The sterilization and placement of feral cats in loving homes.
- Guardians of Hope. A home for abandoned babies. Play with them.
- Reach for a Dream: We support this as a school with money raised with slipper day.
- Choc. We go to Frere Hospital and visit the children who suffer with life threatening disease.
- National SleepOut. We collect items for a charity. This year we collected over 200 pairs of socks for Choc.
- St Bernard’s Hospice: We supported the ‘copper drive’ as a school
- Jika Uluntu: We are hoping to assist with homework for the children this organisation helps.
- Bread Clips: The collection of bread clips is ongoing and this year we have handed over 20 000 and have another 36 054 to hand over now. For every 10 000 bread tags handed in one wheelchair will be handed over to someone in need of one. Including the 5 from this year, Lilyfontein has been responsible for helping 15 people receive wheelchairs. Thank you Lilyfontein.
- Jersey Week: This is supported by the whole school and bags of warm clothes were handed over.
Latest News & Events
RACE DETAILS “Adventure Racing is a true test of the human condition and spirit and one of few extreme sports that showcases the extraordinary power of teamwork.” Says Mike Clarke Lilyfontein...
On the 12th of June 2021 Lilyfontein School proudly hosted the 11th Lilyfontein Funduro, with petrol heads from the local Enduro community turning out for a day of fun riding in the bush. The...
Lilyfontein School celebrated Founders Day this year in a burst of colour, imagination, art, music and sport. As is tradition, the theme for the day was based around our annual Eco theme, which for...
SUBSCRIBE TO LILYFONTEIN
If you would like to stay updated on the latest school news, please join Lilyfontein School's mailing list by clicking on the Subscribe button below to receive our weekly newsletter, published each Friday.
In order to join Lilyfontein School's mailing list, you are required to provide us with your personal information so that you can be added to our database. This information includes your first name, last name, mobile number and email address. By subscribing to Lilyfontein School, you hereby agree and consent, in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013, to the processing of this personal information. Lilyfontein School hereby declares that we will take all reasonable and lawful steps that we consider appropriate to protect the privacy of your information. We further declare that at no time will your information be sold or shared with any third parties or used for any reason other than for sharing news and events related to Lilyfontein School.
For more information about how information is collected when you browse our website, please read our full Privacy Notice