16 Oct 2015
Please take note of the following:
Hospitality Grade 12's excel
Well done to Tracey Lutzke and her Grade 12 Hospitality students. They came 1st (Ashtan Drake 99%), 2nd (Melissa Bartlett & Kwanele
Beyi 98%), 3rd (Lebohang Sikiti 96%) in the East London District for the practical exam. The district average was 72%. Congratulations!
Good luck to all our matrics as they start their final exams on Monday, 19 October 2015.
School Fees - Debit Orders
Parents are reminded that debit orders run as follows:
- Grade 0 - 7 : Fees payable February to December
- Grade 8 - 12 : Fees payable January to December
(Please don't forget that there is a debit order for December)
High School Sport - Monday, 19 October 2015
There will be no High School Sport on Monday, 19 October 2015 to allow pupils to return to school timeously for Prize Giving on Monday night. However, buses will still leave school at 16:10. Foundation Phase and Intermediate Phase sport will still continue as usual.
A reminder that the School Shop is open Monday - Thursday 07:30 - 08:00. Please ensure that you buy your child's uniform for next year, before the rush! When buying a second hand item, please mark the item with your child's name.
All lost property not claimed by the end of the term will be put into the school shop to sell. Parents are requested to please check lost property on a regular basis.
Shakatak Price Increase
Shakatak annual price increase will be in effect from 1 November 2015. Please see link below for the price list.
Robyn Fenn competed in the Eastern Cape Eventing Champs in George during the holidays . Her results were: 1st in the 70cm class; 5th in the 90cm class.
Robyn Fenn competed in the Western Cape Eventing Champs in Kurland during the holidays. She was placed 1st and 4th.
Bread Tags : Our total is 49 764! We need a further 236 to make the total 50 000 to provide 5 people with the wheelchairs they need.
What an achievement! What a huge amount of bread consumed for this worthy cause! Thank you to everyone for being so much a part of this initiative.
High School Play Night
Join us for an evening of drama and entertainment on Thursday, 29 October 2015 at 18:30. Tickets will be on sale at the finance office or directly from Mrs Greeff. Adults : R20 and Children : R10
Annual Lynx Magazine: Advertising Options
We would like to invite you to advertise in the Lilyfontein School annual Lynx magazine 2015. Once again we are aiming to produce the magazine in full colour and on eco-friendly paper. To make this a reality we rely on the financial support of companies and individuals in our community. For a donation of R375 we will print an advert in a fixed layout at the back of the magazine. To see layout, see the booking form attached. You have 50-65 words to promote goods and services of your choice or perhaps you could promote your preferred charity to help them raise funds.
NOW to hold this price for 2016. DEADLINE FOR BOOKINGS : 31 OCTOBER.
24hr Cycle Challenge: Postponed to 4-5 December 2015
The 24hr cycle has been postponed until 4-5 December 2015. Find the entry form at this link. If you would be able to help with marshaling, please download the reply slip HERE. Entries close 1 December 2015 at
16h00. Grade 4-12 cyclists get your team of 6 together and start training!
Buy tickets for Warriors Cricket matches and earn cash for Lilyfontein
Any parents buying tickets for Warriors matches in the Momentum One-Day Cup are encouraged to purchase them through
www.ticketpro.co.za - 50% of the value of the tickets can be donated to Lilyfontein School
- Friday 23 October 2015 Warriors vs Bizhub Highveld Lions - 2pm start
- Sunday 31 January 2016 Warriors vs Unlimited Titans - 10 am start (televised)
- Sunday 7 February 2016 Warriors vs Knights - 10 am start
Tickets cost R40 for adults and R20 for scholars/pensioners.
We look forward to your support!
Test & Extra Mural Timetables: Term 4 2015
Please see the website or D6 Resources for updated test & extra mural timetables.
U15 Cricket Tour to Knysna
Lilyfontein vs Paul Roos:
- Lilyfontein all out for 91. Logan McQuirk - 13 runs.
- Paul Roos won by 4 wickets. Logan McQuirk 4 wickets for 30
Lilyfontein vs Oakhill:
- Lilyfontein won
- Lilyfontein: 201 for 8. Ross Yelseth 81 not out, Tyler Blom 51 and Bryan Fenn 45 not out.
- Oakhill: 164 all out. Logan McQuirk 3 for 18 and Alistair Connet 3 for 11.
Lilyfontein vs Wynands academy:
- Wynands academy : 252 for 8. Matthew Niemand 3 for 30.
- Lilyfontein: 185 all out. Teo Jordaan 45 not out, Bryan Fenn 28, Ross Yelseth 27, Ryan Kruger 21.
- Wynands academy won by 67 runs
U13A vs Westering
- Lilyfontein: 94 for 7. Lilitha Reed 27
- Westering: 96 for 9
- Lilyfontein lost by 1 wicket
Cambridge T20 Festival: Canon Shield T20 side
Canon Shield vs Port Rex.
• Port Rex 234/10
Y. Maqanda 4/26 (5.5 overs), S. Goliath 3/44 (11), L. Jafta 3/50 (11)
• Canon Shield 237/4
R. Kruger 91 not out, R. Louw 71
• Canon Shield won by 6 wickets
Wartburg vs Canon shield. Draw. 105 each!
• Wks: R McLennan 46, M Pautz 34. R McLennan 3/19
• Canon shield: S. Goliath 24
• L. Jafta 3/20
Colts vs Canon Shield
• Colts 237/10
S. Xamlashe 59, A. Wright 41, L. Kafka 3/34,
• Canon Shield 107/10
C. Smith 29, M. Dewar 2/5, S. Denison-Brown 2/13
• Canon Shield lost by 130 runs
- Julia Wood was part of the Eastern Cape team and rode in the SANESA Nationals Show in Pretoria on 8,9,10 October. She received a
2nd place for Working Riding.
- Teo Bosazza competed in the National Road Race Youth Festival in Bloemfontein. He came 2nd in his individual race and time trial,
and 2nd in the team race.
Sebastian van der Merwe and Jethro Kriel competed in the the Billabong SA Junior Champs in Jeffreys Bay (30 Sept – 4 Oct). Both made
it through to round 3 and are tied 17th in the country for U13 boys.
Michaela & Jordan Martin attended SA Schools Judo Competition in Johannesburg on the 3rd & 4th October 2015. Michaela received a
DR IW GALBRAITH
Ashtan Drake scored 99% in her Hospitality Practical Exam
Fri 16 Oct
- PP Cake Sale
Sat 17 Oct
- Border Equestrian Inter Schools Comp
- Primary Cricket vs Port Alfred
- 1st & U15 Cricket vs United (Venue TBC)
Mon 19 Oct
- Matric Finals Start
- High School Prize Giving
Tue 20 Oct
- Mini Cricket vs Crewe (A)
- U14 Cricket vs CHS (H)
Wed 21 Oct
- U11A Cricket vs Dale (H)
- U13 A Cricket vs Selborne B (A)
- 1st Cricket vs Stutterheim (A)
- 2nd Cricket vs CHS (H)
Thu 22 Oct
- Camp Bush Baby Gr 1
- U10/11 B Cricket vs Southernwood (A)
- U13B Cricket vs Stirling C (A)
Fri 23 Oct
- Camp Bush Baby Gr 1
- Blood Clinic
- FP Cake Sale
- U9 Cricket vs St Johns (H)
Sat 24 Oct
- 1st & U15 Cricket vs Mdantsane (Venue TBC)
- U9,U10,U11 & U13 Cricket vs Gonubie (Venue TBC)
Mon 26 Oct
- Grade 9 Subject Choice Meeting
Tue 27 Oct
- Sport & Cultural Photographs
- Budget Meeting
Wed 28 Oct
- Grade 11 Exams Start
- U11 A Cricket vs Hudson (A)
- U10 A Cricket vs Hudson (H)
- U13 A Cricket vs Selborne A (H)
Thu 29 Oct
-Camp Bush Baby Gr 2
- U10/11 B Cricket vs Stirling (A)
- U13B Cricket vs West Bank (A)
- High School Plays
Fri 30 Oct
- Primary Tennis Camp to Stutterheim
- Grade 10 Exams Start
- Cricket Cake Sale
- Camp Bush Baby Gr 2
- Grade 1 2016 Parent Meeting
- U9 Cricket vs Stirling (A)
Sat 31 Oct
- Primary Tennis Camp to Stutterheim
- 1st & U15 Cricket vs King (Venue TBC)
Mon 2 Nov
- Grade 0 Adventure Day
Tue 3 Nov
- Grade 7 Camp 3-6 Nov
- Mini Cricket vs Gonubie Christian School (A)
Wed 4 Nov
- U10 Cricket Bye
- U11 A Cricket vs Gonubie (A)
- U13 A Cricket vs Beaconhurst (H)
- Music Evening
Thu 5 Nov
- Grade 8&9 Exams Start
- U10/11 B Cricket vs West Bank (A)
- U13B Cricket vs Grens (H)
PP = Pre-Primary
FP = Foundation Phase
IP = Intermediate Phase
HS = High School