18 January 2019
We are settling into 2019 nicely, sport and extra murals have started this week. It is a busy time for us, please take note of all communications in handouts and via our D6 platform and newsletter. Please take note of the following.
School starts each day at 07:30 for all Grades R – 12 pupils.
end of school times are as follows:
Monday – Friday:
Grade 0 & Grade R - 12:00
Grade 1 - 13:10
Grade 2 & Grade 3 - 13:20
Grade 4 - Grade 12 - 14:10
Children not fetched by 16:30 will be sent up to the hostel
(See Safety and Security letter).
FOUNDATION PHASE: Please take note of the following
- Children dropped in Foundation Phase before 7:15 are unsupervised and may NOT use any playground apparatus until the teacher is on duty after 7:15.
- Foundation Phase learners remaining at school after 14:30 must be enrolled at Julie Ekron’s Aftercare; an aftercare fee will be charged.
- Foundation Phase learners must wait in Foundation Phase area. They may not leave the Foundation Phase area to wait for lifts or to wait with older siblings.
PARENT / SCHOOL / LEARNER CO-OPERATION
In order for us as a learning institution to provide quality education, we would like to ensure that we manage a safe, healthy and focused context for our parents, educators and learners. We appeal to you as parents and primary educators of your children, to uphold our school’s Code of Conduct, Dress Code and Academic Expectations. In this way we can ensure a collaborative and co-operative learning experience for all our learners. Conflicting standards and levels of discipline between home and school are confusing and self-destructive. Let us ensure that we are all on the same educational page.
LETTER TO PARENTS: Safety & Security 2019
Please read through the letter to familiarise yourself with our Safety & Security policy.
Safety and Security
LILYFONTEIN LICENSE DISCS: Available at Reception
Thank you to all parents for the overwhelming support in the purchasing of our security discs. For those that have not yet purchased a disc (R50 each), they are still available from reception.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Finance Office Request
ATTENTION PARENTS: Finance
Please find the following important finance related documents
Lilyfontein: 2019 Fee Structure
Debit orders 2019 CLICK HERE
TOMATO TROT – 2 FEBRUARY 2019: Have you entered?
Enter online: www.roag.co.za
Enter instore: Sportsmans Warehouse
Entry form: Entry Form
Follow and like our Facebook Page: Click here
BUCO Tomato Trot & Cycle: Enter at BUCO Tomorrow for all the events
Come and find our table at BUCO Beacon Bay and enter with us!
BUCO Tomato Trot & Cycle: Volunteer Reply Slips
Thank you to all the parents and families that have submitted their reply slips we are thrilled with the response. Please note that we will be allocating tasks and responsibilities shortly and someone will be in touch with you. We appreciate you volunteering and assisting us with our fundraiser.
PTA FIRST MEETING OF 2019: Held on 17 January 2019
Thank you for the fantastic turn out for our very first PTA meeting of 2019. We are delighted to have such an awesome bunch of parents involved this year. Thank you to those that attended.
MESSAGE TO LILYFONTEIN FAMILY: Keep being the change!
Our 2018 Eco Schools Portfolio has been awarded with a Decade Green Flag Award for 2018. What an amazing 13-year Eco schools journey, we have had. Well done to all the educators, staff and families that have contributed to this success.
TUCK SHOP: Lilybites menu 2019
Lilybites would like to welcome everyone back to school for a fantastic 2019. Please click on link below to see what we have on offer for the learners and staff. Tuck-shop accounts are available on request. Contact Amelia Steyn for more information.
Any students who bring vehicles/motorbikes onto campus need to ensure that:
- Permission and communication with the school has been done.
- The school has your licence number and vehicle registration numbers recorded.
- The school has a copy of your driver’s licence.
- You have been interviewed by Mr Els.
Please note that should your child be absent from school a letter is to be sent in to the office. Should your child be absent for 3 or more days in a row, a Doctor’s Certificate needs to be sent to school. Our computer programme automatically issues a demerit if your child’s name is entered as absent without a letter. Parents are requested to please support us in this matter. The DoE has ruled that any learner absent for 25% of the year, will not be allowed to write examinations due to the lack of class time.
The Department of Education has requested schools to ask parents to ensure that learners apply for ID documents as an ID document is essential for registration for external examinations at the end of Grade 11 and for Grade 12.
Please note that our school shop is open Mondays to Thursdays 7.30 – 8.00am
Please note that individual music lessons (piano/guitar/recorder) started on Monday, 14 January. If your child is starting recorder / guitar lessons, please ensure that they have the instrument and files as requested.
EXTRA TIME APPLICATION
Applications need to be early in the new year. Forms are available from the front office and must include a Scholastic Assessment not older than 3 years. Please note learners need to re-apply for each phase.
- Novice Junior Individual Working Riding Champion Kathryn Swan
- Challenge team working riding – 1st
- Novice individual show riding – 4th
- Novice individual working riding – 3rd
- 1st Novice Show Pony
- 2nd Novice Show Riding Pony
- SA Novice Showing Champion Pony
- EC Children’s Challenge Team 1st
- 2nd Open Show Riding Pony
- Reserve Champion Show Riding Pony
- 1st Open Show Hunter Pony - Champion Show Hunter Pony
- 1st under Working Hunter Pony
- 1st over Working Hunter Pony
- SA Champion Working Hunter Pony
- EC Children’s Showing Team 2nd
- Pony rider 90cm jumping 6th, 7th and 4th places
- EC Jumping team 1st 90cm
- 1m jumping 5th place
- EC jumping Team overall 2nd
- Pony rider Showjumping 1m 3rd place
- Eastern Cape Jumping1st place
- Open pony rider 90 cm Equitation 4th place
- 5th Novice Working Hunter
- 5th 80cm Jumping Championship
- Team 2nd Intermediate equitation Angling 15 January 2019
- EC Novice Equitation team - 2nd
- Junior 90cm Jumping Welcome stakes 7th
- 90cm 2-phase 6th
- 90cm Championships 3rd
- 90cm Accumulator 2nd
- Junior 80cm jumping 2-phase 2nd
- 80cm Accumulator 1st
Congratulations to Nathan Lentz and Jayson Schenk who have both been selected to represent the Eastern Division Junior Bass Angling Team this season. The team will compete in the SA Junior National Championships to be held on Witbank Dam 28 - 31 March 2019.
SWIMMING CAPS: Available at the School Shop
MR N ELS
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES: Get your brand or business seen!
Click on the links below to see what is on offer at Lilyfontein.
Sponsored Advertising Boards at Lilyfontein School
Lilyfontein School Newsletter and Website Advertising Opportunities
Everyone is getting so excited about the upcoming BUCO Tomato Trot & Cycle. Learners are training and the Lilyfontein family are buying 5km entries from the PTA. Thank you Mr. Adams for your full family support.
In this poignant, funny follow-up to his fabled 2006 talk, Sir Ken Robinson makes the case for a radical shift from standardized schools to personalized learning -- creating conditions where kids' natural talents can flourish.
Bring on the learning revolution! | Sir Ken Robinson
Drummies Cake Sale
- 1st & U/15 Cricket vs United(TBC)
- B-League Swimming Gala at Hudson
- 1st Cricket vs Hudson Park(H)
- Rendezvous Gr. 3 Sleepover
- Blood Clinic
- Gr 11 Cake Sale
- SGB/SMT Workshop
- 1st & U/15 Cricket vs Stirling(TBC)
FP = Foundation Phase
IP = Intermediate Phase
HS = High School