Since 2001 Lilyfontein has also made its mark as one of the leading academic High Schools in East London. Each year, we maintain the 100% pass rate set by our 2008 Grade 12’s
Lilyfontein School is one of only 2 schools in the East London District to have achieved a 100% pass rate for this length of time.
Each year has brought its own highlights.
- Grant Swan achieved 7 distictions in the 2008 Matric finals
- Maxine Diemer was the top achiever in the Border region in the 2009 finals
- Peter Morrissey achieved 8 distictions in 2010
- Hilanco Jordaan achieved 6 distinctions in 2014
- Sebastian Schultz achieved 8 distinctions in 2015
- Courtney Crew achieved 7 distinctions and Kellan Lehy achieved 6 in 2016
- Gandhi Jafta achieved 6 distrinctions in 2017
In 2016 Courtney Crew achieved 7 distinctions and won NNMU Vice Chancellors Bursary. She will be going on to study BCom Accounting Sciences: Business Management and Economics.
Our Hospitality students achived the best results in province in 2015 and 2017 and were best in the whole Country in 2016
Academic Honours are awarded for attaining an average of over 80% in both November and June Exams. The following awards have been given
- 2005 Roxanne Schmidt
- 2015 Sebastian Schultz
- 2016 Courtney Crew
- 2017 Christianne Whitward
These results are a clear indication of how hard our learners and staff in the FET phase work.