“Adventure Racing is a true test of the human condition and spirit and one of few extreme sports that showcases the extraordinary power of teamwork.” Says Mike Clarke
SCROLL DOWN FOR ALL UPDATED INFORMATION: UPDATED 21.08.2019
The Lilyfontein Adventure Race (AR) is in full swing. ENTRIES CLOSE SEPTEMBER 2ND. Please navigate to www.roag.co.za and follow the prompts.
HOW TO REGISTER ON ROAG:
1. To register on the ROAG site, please click the button at the top of the page by the login details to start a new profile:
2. Complete all the important fields as you are prompted.
3. You will receive an email to validate your account.
4. Once you have validated your account then you can enter ROAG using the login details that have been provided to you at the top of the page.
CONTACT DETAILS FOR ROAG:
Should you experience any trouble or if you have forgotten your login details please contact ROAG support on 086 100 7624 and we they can assist with any queries you may have.
Lilyfontein School has been hosting the annual Adventure Race since 2000. The Lilyfontein AR sums up Lilyfontein's values and ethos that we strive to achieve. Developing young learners to work in teams, identify strengths, understand weaknesses, problem solve, grow grit, endurance, leadership and resilience in a fun, adventurous environment. Our AR caters for all ages and fitness levels. Adventure Racing is a fast growing sport that incorporates navigational, mental and physical challenges. Teams of 4, with at least 1 member of the opposite gender, compete in various age categories with a unique distance and set of obstacles to complete. Winning in an adventure race requires more than just speed and fitness. The race requires the team to navigate through several activities to reach specific check points along the way.
Location: Lilyfontein School GPS 32°52'21.40"S 27°59'52.97"E
All participants MUST have a signed indemnity form CLICK HERE
- Grit Unlimited (4), Grit Unlimited Duo (2 people) (former Corporate Croc Category)
- The ultimate challenge is the Grit Unlimited division, here friends and fitness bunnies are invited to explore the local area and apply all their skills to compete in the premium division of the event. Here you can enter a team of 4 or 2 people.
- Mud Overload (former Family Fun Category)
- The Mud Overload was introduced as a mild category to welcome all, to have a taste, in a fun way, to what adventure racing is all about. It is targeted to families, friends and colleagues that want to partake but do not want to “kill” themselves whilst participating; this is a relaxed and enjoyable category to cater for all levels of fitness.
- U19, U15, U13, (SA Champs Qualifiers)
- The Lilyfontein Adventure race is a Provincial Qualifier for U13, U15, U19 age categories and the winners in these divisions have qualified to participate in the Annual South African Adventure Racing Championships in September 2019.
- Grade 4-5
- Grade 1-3
- There is a healthy support of entries in the Grade 1-3 and Grade 4-5 divisions. This is attributed to eagerness of both learners and parents to participate and support from local schools.
INFORMATION & UPDATES:
FACEBOOK: facebook group
PRIZES &/ PRIZE MONEY:
Over R10 000 of prize money to be won
Race shirts and Goodie Bags to the first 550 entries (please note that shirt sizes are issued on a first come first serve basis at registration)
There will be trophy/medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed teams in each category
You can only enter ONLINE: www.roag.co.za
Entries CLOSE: Midnight 2 September 2019
- Registration will be in the Lilyfontein School hall and will be open from 14h30 until 17h45. There will be NO registration on Saturday.
- Grade 1-3 and 4-5 teams MUST register on Friday afternoon between 14h30 – 17h45. One member of the team may come and do registration for the whole team BUT they must have the original signed indemnity forms for ALL team members and a copy of birth certificate.
- All other teams must register as a team on Friday afternoon and must each bring an original signed indemnity form.
- All U13, U15 and U19 school teams MUST bring proof of birth date (Non Lilyfontein learners only) AND original signed indemnity forms to registration
RACE BIEFING DETAILS:
RACE START & PRIZE GIVING TIMES:
All school teams (U13, U15 & U19) AND THEIR TEAM MANAGERS are required to camp at Lilyfontein School on Friday 6th September. The camp site will open from 14h30.
- There are toilets / showers at the school located by the Burmeister Field – please bring everything else you need to be comfortable – tent, sleeping mats, sleeping bags etc.
- Only team managers for U13, U15 and U19 teams and their participants will be given access to camping after the briefing for safety reasons and to abide by SA Schools Adventure Racing rules.
- All other participants and supporters are asked to support the accommodation venues on the Wild Coast Jikeleza Route – see http://www.wildcoastjikeleza.co.za/en/ for details.
All participants must park in the participants parking only. Staff parking is out of bounds. Drop off parking is out of bounds due to kids adventuring in these areas. Safety first.
TRANSITION / BIKE DROP OFF:
Transition areas for Grade 1-3 and Grade 4-5 races will be closed at 07h30 on Saturday. Please ensure that your bike and EVERYTHING you will need for the Adventure Race is stored in transition BEFORE it closes.
U13, U15 and U19
Transition areas for U13, U15 and U19 will be closed at 17h45 on Friday. Please ensure that your bike (suggest a bike chain per team) and EVERYTHING you will need for the Adventure Race is stored in transition BEFORE it closes. They will be guarded overnight. No bicycles are allowed in the camping area.
MUD OVERLOAD & GRIT UNLIMITED / DUO
Transition areas for Mud Overload and Grit Unlimited and Grit Unlimited Duo will be closed 15 minutes before race starts. Make sure all supplies for the race are stored at this time.
FOOD / BEVERAGES
FOOD TENT, BEER TENT, COFFEE STATION is all available on Friday and Saturday at the event.
TIMES OPEN FRIDAY: 15h00-22h00
TIMES OPEN SATURDAY: 04h00-Close of day
- No parents or team managers will be allowed access to any of the briefings or the routes.
- Once the briefing starts the race has started. Parents at this time please wave goodbye and wish your children well. You will see them again at the start to cheer them on as they embark on this adventure
- The Race Managers’ role is to ensure that the teams follow all the race rules, get safely back to the camp site and are at the start of the race on time. You are NOT allowed to advise on equipment, packing and routes. The preparation for the race is a major part of the race and should be left to the competitors.
GRADE 1-5 Transition areas for Grade 1-3 & Grade 4-5 races will be closed at 7:30am on Saturday. Please ensure that your bike & EVERYTHING you will need for AR19 is stored in transition BEFORE it closes.
U13, U15, U19 Transition areas will be closed at 17h45 on Friday. Please ensure that your bike (suggest a bike chain per team) and EVERYTHING you will need for AR19 is stored in transition BEFORE it closes. They will be guarded overnight. No bicycles are allowed in the camping area.
MUD OVERLOAD & GRIT UNLIMITED/DUO Transition areas for will close 15 minutes before race starts. Make sure all supplies for the race are stored at this time.
Please respect these rules – it is essential for the smooth running and validity of the race as a qualifying race for the SA Championships. Breaking these rules can lead to disqualification of the team.
MAP LAYOUT OF THE CAMPUS
The future of Adventure Racing is strong and we encourage more families and learners to participate in this years 2019 event! More information to follow over the next few weeks and months.
The Lilyfontein Adventure Team