Lilyfontein School is governed by a body known as a School Governing Body (SGB) which will consist of 12 elected members: the principal, 9 parents, 3 educators, 1 non–educator, principal staff member and 3 High School learners. Each representative holds a portfolio that will serve the needs of the school.
Examples include: Finance, Fundraising, Transport, Facilities, HR, Sport, Adventure, Communications and Marketing, Cultural Development and PTA Liaison
SGB Executive Committee:
This committee meets fortnightly and consists of the
- Principal – Mr Nic Els
- Chairperson – Mrs Anne-Lise Bollaert-Davies
- Treasurer – Mr Sean Price
- Secretary – Mrs Sharon Allan
Current SGB Portfolio Holders are:
- Transport: Gareth Stanton
- Fundraising: Sean Price
- Facilities: Angus Jackson
- HR: Yvette Harmse
- Sport: Jason Bowen
- Adventure: Jenny Nash
- Communications/Marketing & Culture: Sean van den Berg
- PTA Liaison and Cultural Development: Siviwe Magwaca
The school is managed by the School Management Team (SMT) together with the Primary and High Leadership Teams (LT). The SMT is responsible for the daily running of the school within the organisational domains of academic, pastoral, cultural, sport, adventure and administration. Each of these domains has a staff member co-ordinating a specific committee that ensures correct procedure in each domain.
School Management Team:
- Principal – Mr Nic Els
- Deputy Principal – Mr Nigel Adams
- Head of Academics – Mr Donald Matthewson
- Head of High School – Mrs Anita Middleton
- Head of Intermediate Phase – Mrs Julia Nass
- Head of Foundation Phase – Mrs Alison Fouché
- Head of Pre-Primary – Mrs Johanna Beukman
- Head of Sport – Mr Luke Sofute
- Head of Adventure – Mrs Margaret Mitchell
- Head of Media – Mrs Christina Matthewson
- Operations Manager – Mrs Lisa van Wyk
Middlecourt Trust owns all the land and facilities on the 35ha section of the school. Middlecourt’s objective, as stated in the Trust Deed, is to provide the infrastructure for a high standard of education to Lilyfontein School. Middlecourt Trust is managed by a Board of Trustees.
Current trustees are:
- Colin Davies
- André Roets
- Andrew Emslie
- Brian Harmse
- Hennie Jordaan
- Stephen Nash
- Kim van Kets
- Angus Warren
Parent Teachers Association (PTA)
The Governing Body established the PTA with the following objectives:
- To promote and facilitate the exchange of views and the maintenance of relationships and harmony between parents of learners attending the school and educators at the school.
- To assist the Governing Body as may be required by it in all matters which may be of benefit to the school and the learners and their education generally.
- Generally, to promote the interests of the parents and educators in the involvement in the general life and interests of the school and the learners.
Current Committee members are:
- Chairperson: Priscilla Joy Dengler –
- Vice Chairperson: Lisa Gaylard –
- Fathers Representative: Martin Harmse –
- Parent Liaison: Lisa Squire –
- Secretary: Annette Heger –
The PTA is responsible for:
- The raising of funds for the benefit of the school subject to consultation with the Governing Body fund-raiser. Such funds to be subject to the administration and control of the treasurer of the Governing Body.
- Arranging and holding functions for members to promote and facilitate a creative relationship and harmony between parents of learners attending the school and educators at the school.
- Fulfilling a support function regarding the educators of the school.
- If you would like to get involved in the Lilyfontein PTA, please contact one of the Committee members.
Latest News & Events
2014 Dr G makes handprint on founders day wall 2020 National Teaching Awards – Professor Kader Asmal Excellence Award National Winner is Dr Ian William Galbraith. Lilyfontein School would like to...
Lilyfontein hosted a very special farewell assembly on the 12th February for two very special staff members that served their school for many years. Today we celebrated the contribution of Mrs...
Lilyfontein School hosted its Silver Jubilee Tomato Trot and Cycle (AKA the TROT) on Saturday 1st February. Our idealic country setting with beautiful vista’s of pristine Tomato country, hosted 2278...
SUBSCRIBE TO LILYFONTEIN
Please fill out the short subscription form to join the Lilyfontein Mailing list, and receive the latest News, Events and Updates from the School.