Lilyfontein School is governed by a body known as a School Governing Body (SGB) which will consist of 12 elected members: the principal, 9 parents, 3 educators, 1 non–educator, principal staff member and 3 High School learners. Each representative holds a portfolio that will serve the needs of the school.
Examples include: Finance, Fundraising, Transport, Facilities, HR, Sport, Adventure, Communications and Marketing, Cultural Development and PTA Liaison
SGB Executive Committee:
This committee meets fortnightly and consists of the
- Principal – Nic Els
- Chairperson – Peter Allan Dengler
- Deputy Chairperson – Dr Bongani Kubheka
- Treasurer – Roslyn Eachus
- Secretary – Sharon Allan
- Angus Jackson
- Ann-Lise Bollaert-Davies
- Renier Roets
- Emmanuel Musa Langa
- Annelize Bursey
- Lani Petzer
- Sharon Allan
- Wendy Human
- Brett Geldenhuys
- Margaret Mitchell
- Ovayo Baku
- Lené Steyn
- Olwethu Mphothulo
The school is managed by the School Management Team (SMT) together with the Primary and High Leadership Teams (LT). The SMT is responsible for the daily running of the school within the organisational domains of academic, pastoral, cultural, sport, adventure and administration. Each of these domains has a staff member co-ordinating a specific committee that ensures correct procedure in each domain.
School Management Team:
- Principal – Mr Nic Els
- Deputy Principal – Vacant
- Head of Academics – Mr Donald Matthewson
- Head of High School – Mrs Anita Middleton
- Head of Intermediate Phase – Mrs Julia Nass
- Head of Foundation Phase – Mrs Alison Fouché
- Head of Pre-Primary – Mrs Johanna Beukman
- Head of Sport – Mr Luke Sofute
- Head of Adventure – Mrs Margaret Mitchell
- Head of Media – Mrs Christina Matthewson
- Operations Manager – Ms Lisa van Wyk
Middlecourt Trust owns all the land and facilities on the 35ha section of the school. Middlecourt’s objective, as stated in the Trust Deed, is to provide the infrastructure for a high standard of education to Lilyfontein School. Middlecourt Trust is managed by a Board of Trustees.
Current trustees are:
- Colin Davies
- André Roets
- Andrew Emslie
- Brian Harmse
- Hennie Jordaan
- Stephen Nash
- Kim van Kets
- Angus Warren
Parent Teachers Association (PTA)
The Governing Body established the PTA with the following objectives:
- To promote and facilitate the exchange of views and the maintenance of relationships and harmony between parents of learners attending the school and educators at the school.
- To assist the Governing Body as may be required by it in all matters which may be of benefit to the school and the learners and their education generally.
- Generally, to promote the interests of the parents and educators in the involvement in the general life and interests of the school and the learners.
Current Committee members are:
- Chairperson: Priscilla Joy Dengler –
- Vice Chairperson: Lisa Gaylard –
- Fathers Representative: Martin Harmse –
- Parent Liaison: Lisa Squire –
- Secretary: Annette Heger –
The PTA is responsible for:
- The raising of funds for the benefit of the school subject to consultation with the Governing Body fund-raiser. Such funds to be subject to the administration and control of the treasurer of the Governing Body.
- Arranging and holding functions for members to promote and facilitate a creative relationship and harmony between parents of learners attending the school and educators at the school.
- Fulfilling a support function regarding the educators of the school.
- If you would like to get involved in the Lilyfontein PTA, please contact one of the Committee members.
Latest News & Events
RACE DETAILS Lilyfontein has been adventuring for over 20 years. We are strong believers in the benefit of adventure-based activities and the positive impact it has on our young people as it...
On the 12th of June 2021 Lilyfontein School proudly hosted the 11th Lilyfontein Funduro, with petrol heads from the local Enduro community turning out for a day of fun riding in the bush. The...
Lilyfontein School celebrated Founders Day this year in a burst of colour, imagination, art, music and sport. As is tradition, the theme for the day was based around our annual Eco theme, which for...
SUBSCRIBE TO LILYFONTEIN
If you would like to stay updated on the latest school news, please join Lilyfontein School's mailing list by clicking on the Subscribe button below to receive our weekly newsletter, published each Friday.
In order to join Lilyfontein School's mailing list, you are required to provide us with your personal information so that you can be added to our database. This information includes your first name, last name, mobile number and email address. By subscribing to Lilyfontein School, you hereby agree and consent, in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013, to the processing of this personal information. Lilyfontein School hereby declares that we will take all reasonable and lawful steps that we consider appropriate to protect the privacy of your information. We further declare that at no time will your information be sold or shared with any third parties or used for any reason other than for sharing news and events related to Lilyfontein School.
For more information about how information is collected when you browse our website, please read our full Privacy Notice