The Resource Use programme includes:
Projects to encourage students to think about resource use.
- Learners made bowls and puppets out of recycled paper and decorated pots for re-use.
- The EcoLegends Group collects and sorts all paper for recycling
- all students from Grade 1-7 spend a lesson a week in the permaculture garden learning about environmentally friendly gardening techniques.
- Teachers also spend time in the garden familiarising themselves with the topics being taught
- East London's Green Living group visited the garden and heard a presentation by its founder Kerry McLean about the concepts and principals of Permaculture and the challenges and rewards of starting a permaculture garden
|< Prev||Next >|